On-Site P2 Assistance
for Ohio Companies
The Office of Compliance Assistance & Pollution Prevention (OCAPP) provides a variety of on-site assistance services to meet your needs in implementing pollution prevention.
Here are some of the ways OCAPP has helped Ohio companies through our on-site assistance efforts.
- Provided research for a job-shop plastics electroplater to identify appropriate technologies to recover chromium and nickel plating solutions.
- Assisted a small business with starting-up a new fiberglass fabrication facility. Included were recommendations on source reduction and recycling practices that could be incorporated into the operation and layout of the facility.
- Assisted a automotive parts manufacturer with identifying packaging reduction opportunities and off-site recycling contacts for plastic scrap.
- Assisted several small businesses with reducing or eliminating solvent usage as part of a well-head protection effort by a local community.
- Worked with a large automotive parts manufacturer to review existing pollution prevention practices, recommend revisions in their written pollution prevention plan and provide P2 assessment training to staff. The company later received a Governor's Awards for Outstanding Achievement in Pollution Prevention.
- Provided P2 recommendations to a rubber products manufacturing plant as part of their indirect discharge permit renewal process.
- Helped a bearings manufacturing facility with replacing a perchloroethylene (PCE) vapor degreaser with an aqueous cleaning system. Included was information on wastewater recovery/recycling technologies.
If you are interested in on-site assistance from Ohio EPA’s Office of Compliance Assistance & Pollution Prevention (OCAPP), contact Michael Kelley by email or phone at (614) 644-3469, fax (614) 644-2807. OCAPPs services are free.
OCAPP’s P2 Assessments
The Ohio EPA Office of Compliance Assistance & Pollution Prevention also offers free Pollution Prevention (P2) Assessments. A P2 Assessment is an on-site survey of a company's operations to identify and evaluate opportunities to reduce wastes and pollution. Companies can use P2 Assessments to identify ways to reduce costs associated with waste generation and disposal.
OCAPP will provide participating companies with a P2 assessment report that includes recommendations on improved operating practices, material substitutions, process modifications, and recycling. Estimated economic and environmental benefits are also provided to illustrate potential waste reduction savings.
Visit OCAPP’s P2 Assessment webpage for more information.
Office of Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention
Ohio Environmental Protection Agency
P.O. Box 1049
Columbus, Ohio 43216-1049
Phone (614) 644-3469
Fax (614) 644-2807
Toll Free (800) 329-7518
Back to the Office of Compliance Assistance and Pollution Prevention
page last updated: January 6, 2005